Dance Central FAQ
- TO MAKE VIDEOS
- GAMING IN GENERAL
- DANCE CENTRAL
- HOW TO DOWNLOAD NEW SONGS
- MY DANCE EXPERIENCE
- PERSONAL FAQ: See Facts & Faves, and About Me.
- To create the split-screen, I use video editing software: Adobe Premiere & iMovie ‘11.
- To create my current videos, I use a green screen & Adobe Premiere to superimpose me onto the full gameplay background.
- I currently use an HD PVR to record the gameplay & Canon HD camcorder, which allows you to see my recent videos in HD 1080p.
- From November 2010 to March 2011, I used two cameras recording the television and me simultaneously: a Nikon DSLR & Canon Point & Shoot.
- Editing videos is quite time consuming. Check out my blog about the anxiety I get from making videos!
- In addition to the time it takes to perfect a dance routine, it usually takes up to 3 hours to get the final 100% Gold Star performance you see on YouTube. I think the added pressure of taping is why I mess up and take so long to get the right take for YouTube.
- My XBOX Gamertag is MightyMeCreativ (no E), but I don’t have a friends list ever since my gold membership expired. I hate constantly having to delete people to add new people with the 100 person limit! I will start up a new friends list & add the fans I communicate with the most as a priority if I re-activate my gold membership.
- I’m a casual gamer who only plays Kinect games. Dance Central is why I started playing videos games in November 2010.
- I’m not affiliated with Dance Central or any gaming company, site, or blog. I represent MightyMeCreative!
- My favorite Dance Central song to dance is “Turnin Me On” by Keri Hilson. I have so many favorites in DC2, so to name a few: Bad Romance, Toxic, Rude Boy, Conceited, Only Girl, & more!
- My process with learning a new song is that do the breakdown on Hard until I pass all moves. After the breakdown, I practice until I get 5 stars. That usually takes an 1-2 hours depending on difficulty.
- I’m into swagger, not score! My goal is to perform the routine like the avatar, but even better like a human being with SWAG!!!
- My aim is 100% & Gold Stars. I’m NOT big on score & I never check the leader board. I know this is opposite of how most people play; but dance performance is most important to me.
- I didn’t know the meaning of Gold Stars or aimed for 100% until I first got 100% for “Move Ya Body” in January!
- Songs that do not come with the original game are called DLC or Downloadable Content. They cost $3 U.S. or 240 MS Points.
- For more questions about the game, see Dance Central Support.
MY DANCE EXPERIENCE:
- My first dance class was in college when I was 18. I loved dancing so much; I worked toward a minor in dance. I trained in mostly contemporary dance, preferred international dance styles such as Flamenco, Salsa, Afro-Cuban, and Balinese. My true love was hip-hop and pop jazz dancing, which was aligned to the type of music I love, so the movement is natural to me.
- After college, I would take hip-hop & Zumba classes from time-to-time to fulfill my need to dance; now of course, I can do it in my own living room with Kinect dance games!